Mailbutler is a productivity extension for Apple Mail, Gmail, and Outlook that lets you turn your emails into Todoist tasks without leaving your inbox. The tasks will be synced to your selected Todoist project. You can then go to the email by clicking on the link in the task name or mark the task as complete when you're done with it.
How to connect Todoist with Mailbutler
- Register for a Mailbutler account for Apple Mail, Gmail, or Outlook.
- Once registered, click the Open Store button to install the Mailbutler extensions for your platform.
- Open your email app.
- In the bottom-right corner of the Mailbutler sidebar, click the Account Settings button and select Integrations.
- Click the + button in the top-right corner of the Integration window.
- Select Todoist.
- Click Agree to grant Mailbutler permission to access to your Todoist data.
- (Optional) Your emails will be saved as tasks in the new project Mailbutler. You can change the project where your emails will be saved as tasks. To do this:
- Click the Account Settings button.
- Click Integrations.
- Go to Todoist.
- Select your project from the drop-down menu.
How to use the integration
- Open the email you would like to add as a task.
- Click Task on the Mailbutler sidebar.
- Type the task name.
- (Optional) Select a due date and time by clicking the bell icon.
- The task will be synced to your Todoist project automatically.
This integration is managed by Mailbutler. Please contact the Mailbutler support team for help at firstname.lastname@example.org.