Always stay up-to-date by receiving notifications from your shared projects. Whether it's someone adding a comment, assigning a task, completing a task, or joining/leaving the project.
You can view all of your notifications—both read and unread—in the Notifications tab, but if you would like to check all your unread notifications, you can open the Unread tab.
You can customize which events you’ll be notified about and whether you want to receive them by email or push notification in your account settings.
Types of sharing notifications
There are several types of actions that people can take in a shared project. You can decide which ones you want to be notified about:
- Comments for you: When someone has chosen to notify you about a task comment.
- Tasks assigned to you: When someone has assigned you a task.
- Tasks completed: When a task that you’ve either created or assigned is completed.
- Tasks uncompleted: When a task that you’ve either created or assigned is uncompleted.
- Collaborator joining project: When someone accepts your invitation to join a project.
- Collaborator declining projects: When someone declines your invitation to join a project.
- Collaborator leaving project: When someone leaves a project that you’re a part of.
- Collaborator being removed from project: When someone removes another member from a project.
Types of team workspace notifications
If you use teams, there are a few notifications you can enable in your settings:
- Workspace invite accepted: When someone accepts an invitation to join a team workspace.
- Workspace invite declined: When someone declines an invitation to join a team workspace.
- Removed from workspace: When someone is removed from a team workspace.
- Workspace deleted: When a team workspace is deleted.
Manage your notifications settings
- Click your avatar in the top-left.
- Click Settings.
- Click Notifications. Now you can:
- Toggle Desktop and web notifications to receive notifications on the web.
- Manage which notifications you’ll receive from shared projects in the Project notifications section.
- Select to receive or not receive either email or push notifications for each action taken by a teammate in a shared project.
Notifications by text message or SMS isn't an option in Todoist. If this feels valuable to your workflow, use the Todoist share feedback form to submit a feature request.
If you're having issues with notifications, learn how to troubleshoot notification issues.